Frequently Asked Questions
What is radon?
Radon is a natural radioactive gas that can cause cancer. You can’t see, smell or taste it, but radon may be in the soil around your home. This hazardous gas seeps into homes from the surrounding soil through porous cement, sump pumps, cracks in the foundation, crawl spaces, etc. It is the number one cause of lung cancer in non-smokers and is present in every home. Approximately 30-40% of the homes tested nationwide have elevated levels of radon that need to be corrected, according to the United State Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)